filling can be divided into two main technologies – volumetric or gravimetric. this means that the desired quantity is either measured by volume or by weight.
- Volumetric filling machines
Volumetric filling machines are based on a self-priming cylinder. A piston is moving inside this cylinder and the stroke length and diameter of the piston determines the filling volume.
- Gravimetric filling machines
Gravimetric filling machines are weighing the exact weight using a valve that is placed over an electronic scale. The scale in combination with the weighing program controls the valve operation resulting in a weighing process.
which method you should use depends on different factors:
- Product properties – If the product contains e.g. air bubbles, volumetric filling is normally not recommended.
- Desired volumes- For volumes above 20 ltr. we always recommend a gravimetric solution.
- Available budget – A gravimetric solution is in general more expensive.